Are you all set for Mother’s Day on Sunday? Me neither! We are celebrating with the mammies on Saturday instead of Sunday this year. We’re going to a party on Saturday evening and I completely forgot it that the following day was Mother’s Day! Thinking Allan & I may be a tad worse for wear the day after, I have booked an early dinner at a local restaurant on Saturday.
I have yet to buy any gifts so thought I’d better have a wee think what to get. This weeks Wednesday Wishlist is dedicated to gifts for your mum, mother-in-law, grannie – any lady you would like to treat! All of these gifts are under £25 so can be mixed and matched depending how much money you have to spend. Here are some ideas for you…
1. Cape & Rose Bouquet – Marks and Spencer Flowers are never a bad idea. Everyone loves getting flowers. I especially love a surprise delivery – such a treat. This beautiful arrangement of pink roses and foliage reminds me of my wedding flowers. It is designed around the Protea flower, perfect for mum and mother-in-law.
2. Orla Kiely Gardening Trowel – John Lewis Mother-in-law is a keen gardener so I thought this retro-inspired garden trowel would be perfect. It’s pretty yet practical and the embossed wooden handle and leather hanging loop adds a wee touch of luxury.
4. Diptyque Figuier Scented Mini Candle – John Lewis I LOVE candles. Making the home smell delightful is one of life’s simple pleasures. This candle from Diptyque looks so expensive and smells divine. What mammie could resit?
5. Rose & Lemon Turkish Delight – Marks and Spencer This rose and lemon turkish delight tastes amazing and how cute is the packaging? The little tin looks so pretty and could be reused again and again.
6. Stila Convertible Colour Mum is a big fan of cream blush. She used the same product for years until I introduced her to Convertible Colour. As you may tell, packaging is very important to me, so I adore this Stila compact. The little mirror is so handy – I have an empty one in my bag at all times.
What are you planning to get for yours? And what would you like, mums? I hope you all get spoiled on Sunday!